Incubator is one of the economic growth tools which is founded in order to support educated entrepreneurs and by providing facilities and public facilities prepare establishing new companies. Today the incubators are used as one of the accepted tools to convert creativity and scientific and research achievements into products offered to the market and develop entrepreneurship. Today there are more than 3,000 incubators worldwide that most of them are based in America and Japan.
The goals of incubators:
- Help to attract more students and university graduates in the labor market and job creation.
- The creation of small and medium industries and technical expertise that can be competitive in the labor market.
- Modernization, technology transfer and application of new scientific discoveries.
- Increasing labor productivity and potential advantage of the great national capital.
In addition to these objectives, incubators also pursue other objectives: economic growth, economic diversification and investors, helping women, immigrants or minorities.
Incubator, offering various services to listed companies, is summarized thus:
- General Services and Office: telephone, fax, internet, conference rooms and negotiation, secretaries and clerical work, computer, secretarial, cleaning and ...
- Administrative services: loans and government facilities, networks, tax relief, rent and ...
- Equipment and facility services: office space, garage, office equipment, laboratory supplies, shop equipment and ...
- Technical services and expertise: financial and marketing consulting, legal and management advice, training, access to finance and ...
Types of incubators
- Industrial Growth Center: The Incubator often government agencies or non-profit centers in order to support the establishment of their employers.
- University Incubator Center: This incubator facilitating the commercial use of technical knowledge and intellectual property rights are established.
- Virtual Incubator Center: This incubator is usually not a specific physical space and facilities other than office space offer.
- International Incubator: Typically the floor of the incubator has a complete set of support services for the development of business activities and focuses more on exports.